Monday, March 25, 2019

CHAPA against Sunday Island! Part 1

Suresh Perera,
Editor of Sunday Island.

Dear Suresh,
Referring to our telephone conversation, I appreciate. if you could publish my response to the report published in Sunday Island on March 17, 2019!

Who justifies New Zealand massacre?
I vehemently deny the contents of the malicious report published on March 17 in the Sunday Island, with the heading “Backlash over Sri Lanka TV anchor justifying NewZealand Massacre”.
The entire report is nothing but a baseless and vicious personal attack on me to create public hatred against me.
The undisclosed and hidden author of the report completely distorted the message carrying in my post and blatantly misinterpreted it, apparently with ulterior motives.
It is to be emphasized that I, as an activist and a journalist, have always criticized and continue to fight against terrorism and violence. However, I extend the interpretation and scope of the term “terrorism” (in the modern context), to include different types of terrorism covering from international pharmaceutical to food industries (mafia).
From the beginning I criticized the acts of terrorism (in that sense) of the so called Developed and Western Countries, which build their prosperity and security by plundering the natural recourses, endangering the national security and sovereignty and destroying the economies and health of the developing or third world countries that are struggling in poverty and debt.
The basic message of my post is that such imbalance created by the globalized terrorism of those capitalist countries, cannot assure their domestic safety and stability, as they are always subject to the thrust and impact of the pressures of the countries victimized by poverty and debt.
The baseless and vicious statement of Dr. W. A Wijewardane seems to have sprung from my challenge to him made openly in a public newspaper on his wrongful and unbecoming views on the concepts of “knowledge, education and development”. That dialog is still pending.
Further the purported comments criticizing my post also seem to have initiated by the organized elements supporting such globalized terrorism.
Therefore I sympathize for the little understanding the hidden author of the said report - and also Dr. W.A. Wijewardane - have of the true global factors that truly govern the world and I reemphasize that I never justify the New Zealand Massacre as misinterpreted in the report. 
CHAPA

, March 18, 2019, 7.46pm ( sent via sureshisland@yahoo.com )


Mon, Mar 18, 7:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment