Tuesday, March 26, 2019

CHAPA against Sunday Island, part 2

I have already explained to you that a “black social media operation” had been implemented against me on my genuine attempt to develop an intellectual dialog at a global level focusing on the terrorist attack in the New Zealand. Accordingly FB imposed a 3 day prohibition on me; during that period the maximum liberty was given to tell anything for those who were insulting and attacking me. I explained this situation in my short video uploaded on the 20th March 2019.
In the meantime on 17th March the “Sunday Island” carried a distorted report in this regard.  I responded on the following day itself, and further spoke personally to the editor of the paper and sent my explanation via email.
Yesterday was Sunday; they have not published my explanation pertaining to the distorted report. Instead today’s Sunday Island carries only a short note with the title “Remarks ‘misinterpreted’ says TV anchor”.
In that coward move what they had done was to justify their erroneous and damaging report.
Accordingly the “Sunday Island” violated my right to reply. This is an unbecoming use of media against the norms of media freedom and human rights. If they behave like this for the benefit and on behalf of multi-national companies including the milk-powder producers, the country and the society will be placed in a detrimental danger.
A similar report was published in the economy-next website. I submitted my explanation to that also and still waiting until justice is done. We shall keep close attention on it.
In any event I, as a media person and a political activist, strongly condemn the behavior of Sunday Island. 
We shall develop this dialog further!
CHAPA,
March 25, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment